The beginning of the new year is always an important time to finalize with priorities and travel plans, to set goals and dash like the wind towards achieving new heights. Here at Firebird Tours, we kicked off 2018 with confidence, enthusiasm, and long hours of hard work. Summing up the results of our effort this past month, we have found out the following things:
Top 5 January destinations
Judging by the inquiries we received from clients willing to travel to Europe with us, we can conclude that the most sought-after destinations for the winter month January are:
1. Russia - from land tours to Russian river cruises to Trans-Siberian adventures;
2. Countries in the northern European region of Scandinavia, including Norway, Sweden and Denmark;
3. Multi-sided beauty Italy, its mainland and charming islands like Sicily;
4. Sun-kissed Portugal and its impeccable castles;
5. And last but not least, the neighboring bright and fiery Spain.
Most popular tours of the month
Based on our clients' opinion, the most trending tours with the highest demand in January are:
1. The popular Russian land tour Two Russian Capitals, the Volga River cruise - Firebird Cruise Moscow - St. Petersburg, the long Trans-Siberian adventure - From Saint Petersburg to Beijing;
2. For Scandinavia the program combining the most sought-after northern countries Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland is a top choice - Scandinavian Capitals & Fjords;
3. The tour exploring Italy from top to bottom is also in demand - Italy: Venice to Amalfi Coast;
4. Portugal's 5 Must-Visit Cities is among the most preferred private tour options for this destination;
5. And as for Spain, the multi-country Spain-Portugal combo Iberian Discovery takes the most interest.
Itineraries created: 1,907
Having received numerous inquiries from hundreds of clients and their vacation preferences, our destination specialists have put in a lot of effort and time in crafting perfect itineraries that offer only logical connections, best guides, top hotels and all must-sees to make the trip enjoyable, comprehensive, stress-free and one to remember.
Top blog posts of the month
Many interesting things happened in the past month that we've covered! First of all, we drew the dash under our 2017 achievements in the Firebird Year in Review: 2017. Right in the first week of the month our rep Vera gave a detailed insight on one of the most popular places in Russia - Visiting Russian Vodka Museum in Saint Petersburg and then reported on unique Russian Christmas and New Year celebration customs. Another tasty topic we've covered is Spicy dishes to try on gastronomic tours to Europe.
New extensions added in January
One of our top priorities is to expand horizons by constantly improving the programs we have and including more and more places on the European map to our itineraries. This month we presented a new 9-day Morocco Small Group Tour from Casablanca to Marrakesh with unique experiences, including an overnight in a real Berber camp and a camel caravan in the Sahara. For those wishing to explore the cradle of Europe, we've crafted a small group tour including Czechia, Austria, and Hungary with a possible extension to Poland - Imperial Europe: Prague, Vienna, Budapest. If seeing all highlights of Espana is on your travel radar - the Best of Spain private tour is a catch!
Review of the month
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our travelers about their recent trip and we would like to share this lovely review with you:
Our family really enjoyed the trip. We loved seeing the Northern Lights in Honningsvag on New Year's Eve. The logistics of the trip went very smoothly. Thank you to Sim and all of the guides who helped make this a memorable trip.
- Doug Register